Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Nigeria

What a blessing the past couple of weeks have been! I just returned from my trip to Nigeria, where I was able to talk to many wonderful people about the pro-life movement. It was a whirlwind tour. The children there are great they are so fun and so curious to see a white person. They get a kick out of just touching your hand!

This is a little different then Romania in the fact that there are actually children around. What a blessing it has been. You can't be too worried about cleanliness. Traveling in Nigeria, some might not like some of the aspects of Nigerian life--how food is prepared, the children touching you and some other little inconviences but I loved this opportunity to be able to see so many things that one never would see anywhere else. The seminarians and the other groups I have spoken to have been very open and attentive.

God has blessed me in many ways on this trip. Pray that we can continue to spread that message of life to all here. I met some politicians and other people and was able to talk with them. I also talked to one of the many boys schools--2,500 students--and a girls school with 3800 girls. The talks went well. The heat was like Kentucky in July and being in a lecture hall with only fans there was quite an experience. I scrubbed my cassock every night by hand and hoped it would be dry in the morning. What an amazing trip. I was so blessed to be able to go.

Here are some pictures from some of the places I visited.

The Seminarians for life group at Bl Tansi Major Seminary.

Seminarians at Pius X seminary.

These are some of the men at Bigard Seminary, the largest seminary in Nigeria.

This one is actually not a Seminary but a secondary with around 2800 boys.



No comments: