Friday, February 27, 2009

Building a Pro-Life Audience - I

Since it seems like this will be a popular topic, I figure we might as well give it a name. Although there are previous versions of ideas for building a pro-life audience, this will be the first official one.

When I was a seminarian at Holy Apostles (in Cromwell, CT) I started a home school retreat with some families in the area. I found this was a good way for us future priests to get speaking experience and to provide home school students and families with a great excuse to come together. The last time I was back at Holy Apostles I was able to say Mass and give a talk at one of these retreats.
Almost all home schooling families are pro-life anyway, so they tend to be a friendly audience. But it's still important to keep the Gospel of Life in front of the faithful, providing them with information and motivation to be strong pro-life advocates in other forums.

Here are some photos from the retreat.

This is me giving a talk:










Here is Brother John Broussard:











Br. Ken Geraci introducing Br. Tony Stoeppel:














Here's Br. Andy Cravalho in action:












No comments: