Monday, February 16, 2009

As priests we deal with so many different people and different issues. When we keep our eyes focused on life then we are being guided by the Holy Spirit, for the Holy Spirit leads us in the direction of life. Fr. Hillier (my instructor at the Josephinum) used to always teach us this lesson in seminary. I see how true it is now more than ever--we can see how when we move away from life and towards the culture of death how God is abandoned. Our job as priest or as a future priest is to protect our people from falling away from the Holy Spirit and into the culture of death. We have the truth on our side so this might seem easy, but the more I read different articles from the anti-life side the more we see they are not aiming for truth just emotions. The Holy Spirit is the truth, the Holy Spirit will guide us to life.



We see the bright beautiful faces of so many children, and we see life being guided by the Holy Spirit. One of the beautiful families I got to know when I was in the parish is the Saladin family--their children pictured here.

When I was in Nigeria I also had children around me all the time, such great smiles.


Even at the High Schools there were many beautiful smiles.


And in the villages there were many beautiful children.

1 comment:

The Woman of the House said...

Great pictures Fr. Bellrose. Wish there were that many children around here. How wonderful!

God bless,